Recall my appeal last year “Solution to the Dilemma of AP – Bapu, Please Guide Govt of India”
Thank you very much and to-day once again I appeal to you to bless the wisdom and courage to Our Chief Minister KCR Garu and Prime Minister Narendra Modi Ji to address the Power Crisis the State has inherited partly and partly is aggravated by the antagonistic state of Andhra Pradesh State establishment not following the provisions in the law enacted to re-organize the state.
In Short the Power Crisis is :
State requires Power Supply of 160 MU (150 ~165 MU) Range
State Genco Thermal Capacity 45 MU
State Quota from Central 38 MU
Hydal Source (0 ~ 40 MU) 20 MU
Secured Supply of Only 103 MU
Power Deficit of 57 MU
Currently It Purchases about 20 MU and Receives from AP about 15 MU
Leaving the State Running around Average of 22 MU Deficit and this Can worsen when Hydal becomes Zero to Over 40 MU in Coming Summer when AP too may cut down the sharing its Power in which case it can cross even 50 MU
Yes New Power Plants expected to be Completed but so does Demand Goes Up with Commissioning of Metro Rail and Other Initiatives by Government to Develop State of Telangana rapidly.
If this is not addressed with Sense of Urgency There would be Massive Trouble to the State in coming months and years beginning Summer in 2015.
What Options does Govt of Telangana has
1. It has already Released Tender for 2000 MW assured Supply, However question is lack of Grid Connectivity to Tap the Power from Private Power Plants that can Sell !
This can only be resolved by Government of India by Changing the Grid Allocations
My Take : In Best Possible Scenario Also at Best 1000 MW ie about 20 MU can be bridged if the CM develops a good equation with concerned minister and PM, which is not looking good now..
2. It has initiated 500 MW Solar Power Plant Bidding this however at most can add only about 2 MU that’s to not for the 2015 Summer season
3. Construct the Dichpalli to Nagpur Line on War Footing to increase the Grid Connectivity to Central India where a lot of Power can be Procured. This too will need Over 2 Years for any public sector to complete it.
4. Promote Grid Connected Solar Feeder Conversion Scheme to all Villages in Telangana
Assume a Feeder has 100 Pumpsets of 5 HP
If all farmers Form a Co-operative committing following
- All will spare 100 Sq Meter Land for Solar PV Station
- All will Contribute Rs 1 Lakh
- All will take 10 Year Loan of Rs 2 Lakh at 5% Interest from Grameen or Commercial Banks
- State Govt Contributes Rs 2 Lakh per pump
for 100 Pump Feeder Rs 5 Crore Investment will provide 2280 Units of Uninterrupted Power all through the day and Unused Power State can sell it to Industry where it can earn better returns for its Subsidy investmet, approximate Half Power State Can get it FREE and sell it.
State Can Pay Rs 5 Unit to Farmers to Encourage them to Sell not waste so that they can earn enough to pay back the loan.
5. State has to Setup 1000 MW Solar Power Plants Near to Srisailam, Nagarjuna Sagar and 500 MW near to Jurala
These 2500 MW Solar Projects Can generate about 12 MU of Power in the Day
Using the Reversible Pumps at Nagarjunasagar , Srisailam Hydal Plants Daily
Telangana Can Store about 6 MU Power as Hydal Power during the Day Time of 11 AM to 3 PM then Generate Back the Hydal Power from 7 PM to 11 PM with 80% Efficiency get 5 MU meet the Peak Demand .
6. Govt has initiated multiple new Thermal Power Plants all of which can at best be complete by 2019 by then the Gods Grace the development will drive the rise in demand itself absorb..
State like Gujarat is already consuming 500 MU Power it added 10,000 MW Capacity between 2009 to 2012
Telangana Vision Must be to Consume at least 300 MU Power by 2019 if not 400 MU
I am glad our CM KCR has taken many good measures to the good governance of Telangana Development and welfare of the people