Further to my Last year Post Two Years of the TRS rule in Telangana Today Telangana is @ 3 and time to again review its Progress on all the three main factors for which the state came into existence
1. Neellu (Water)
Thanks the Rain Gods pouring rain towards the end of last season and the significant progress achieved in two years under Mission Kakatiya for revitalizing over 14,000 water tanks the life lines of Telangana villages and completion of pending LIFT irrigation projects and Sri Pada Yellampally Reservoir aided with optimal utilization of waters and re-scheduling the season and completion of Power Projects and Power Grid Connection enabled the State having unprecedented readiness to make most of the resources by providing water from reservoirs and tanks, power for pumpsets, fertilisers and seeds supply in time and at the villages the result is millions of farmers and agriculture dependent families in Telangana state are seeing the fruits that can be seen in just Paddy crop alone where
State Authorities plan to purchase a record 37 lakh MT of paddy as against 8.42 lakh MT in 2015-16, a four-fold increase.
I believe “water is life line” there is no Bigger tool in the hands of any state or central government for providing inclusive growth and reducing the rural poverty than providing Water for Drinking and Irrigation.
Mission Bhageeratha to deliver potable tap water to every household has been completed in one constituency and was inaugurated by honorable PM in Aug 2016 and is now racing to completion and is particularly targeting the florosis affected areas.
Wish the Government to reach its Goal to deliver potable water to every household.
CM KCR Gran Re-engineering of Kaleshwaram Project now has ECR (Environment Clearance) from Center and the New State Land Acquisition Act to expedite the land acquisition for the projects by paying higher compensation to the lan owners and affected has been notified by President of India. Government has been receptive to the ideas to make finer improvements to the Grand Project that I believe will become Role Model for the Arid World not Just in India as to how to Drive Poverty out of Arid Regions by Lifting and Linking Surplus Rivers with the water deficit irrigatable lands in the Arid and Semi arid parts of the world.
I am particularly happy to see project is not extended from Mallanna Sagar till Singur to leverage the 29 TMC existing Reservoir and also the Reverse flow by adding 4 Minor Lifts to the SRSP flood flow canal to Send Water from Mid Maner to the SRSP when we have enough water in Kaleshwaram but no inflows into SRSP from Maharashtra as is the experiene in almost 2 out of every 3 years in the recent past.
But for the incident of Mid Maner washout in the unprecedented flash floods on Maner river, this year has been a Dream Run for the Rural Telangana in the last 6 months and I believe the best of Telangana State under leadership of CM KCR Garu is yet to come.
2. Nidhulu (Resources)
Finally the Center has done what it should have done long back, it stood by the letter and spirit of federal structure in any state re-organizaion immovable assets belong to the state where they exist, while good 3 years time was kind of wasted, injustice attempted by the neighboring state was prevented just before the deadline of 3 years was ending.
More importantly Telangana state witnessing the highest growth of state own revenues which despite the demonitization effect grown over 17% which is highest among all states in India.
State has been channelling its resources to its priority sectors of Irrigation and Drinking Water and unprecedented Social Welfare Schemes for the first three years
So many schemes being planned and implemented meticulously at past pace, I believe “Telangana Intensive Household Survey” has given the accurate data to the Government hence both planning and execution are happening quite smoothly
3. Niyamakalu ( Jobs )
There are some steps taken in this most delayed and most agitating part among people of the state, particularly the youth, for good or bad have expected to become government employees soon after the statehood is achieved.
Good Part is Govt is not rushing into blind recruitment without establishing the requirements and procedures the bad part is the time its taking is bit too much.
While neither Telangana nor any state can afford to provide only state government jobs to the youth, hope state comes out with clear explanation and plan even if it does not satisfy fully the youth it should make the rest of the people in the state is being fair and realistic.
Recent move to induct the Teachers and Faculty to fill the vacancies in State Educational Institutions has to be completed on priority with transparent process to select the most eligible job seekers in the state.
One must compliment the Government for rising the salaries for many ignored sections of the government services delivery who were having quite marginal salaries / wages that some times leads to petty corruption in the government service delivery.
One clearly sees the petty corruption tendency in the state of Telangana has come down due to these reasonable steps with fair salaries and wages, honest people now have a chance to work and live honestly in the state.
Politically with over 50% Support for the Party in most of 119 assembly segments party has no serious political challenger at this time who have no agenda other than Anti KCR and his family in their fight back, will they learn to do home work and hard work on the ground in next 2 years, one has to wait and see !
First Priority for the state to liberate the state from the clutches of Andhra Pradesh and its Grid is achieved on April 2017 with commissioning of Wardha – Dichpally 765 KV HVDC Power Link, state is now part of National Grid with its Own connection and can purchase and draw power from any part of India which is now available a plenty and cheap in West, and Eastern Grid of India
Telangana has delivered this Rabi (Yasangi) Season has delivered over 9191 MW Peak Demand and 188 MU Power Supply on 31st March 2017 this almost 50% Jump from about 6000-7500 MW base Power Load the state witnesses during Rainy season and winter
Completion of 600 MW KTPS II, SCCL 600 x 2 (1200 MW) and 1000 MW from Chattisgarh enable the state deliver this.
Now the state is in a position to exercise the first right of refusal more after it already said not to Costly and no assurance supply of Krishnapatnam now more of AP power will be opted out and soon AP will actually be drawing power from telangana as its right on Telangana Cheap Power continues ..
The state which attempted to choke Telangana State from the day on Power will actually end up thriving on cheap power of Telangana state is going to be the irony in next 7 years ..
Challenges Ahead ..
- Education : While Government succeeded to reign in the Private Educational Institutions Malpractices and Misuse of Fees Reimbursement Schemes etc, Public Education System Other than Residential Schools is in Shambles in the State and there is no running away from this fact, when the Government is forced to close the schools for lack of students is admission of total failure for there is no village whose population disappeared, it simply reveals the public education system in rural telangana too has been replaced by private education system. Without having the Teachers in the school how can Government expect students to come to schools, hence the move to recruit teachers must happen on priority as most new teachers will take time to become productive teachers.
- Healthcare : Some very good moves and initiatives for the mother and child in Government hospitals is a very good development, this task of re-building public healthcare would be long one and requires continuous focus as it deals with the chance for survival of the poor patients in the society. Hopefully Government Adds the Health Education to the Agenda of Mana TV that has been doing good work on the employability education.
- Hyderabad Infrastructure and Clean Authority for Hyderabad : Hyderabad is the source of Economic Strength of Telangana State and it must be strengthened two things that will make the City take a Leap Jump into Global City is centered around
- Transportation Infrastructure : City needs Over 200 KM Metro lines and Over 200 KM Elevated Roads inter connecting Airport, ORR, Main Stations and Bus Stands there is no other way to control the traffic situation and air pollution due to vehicle emissions
- Clean Authority to Handle both Waste Water and Solid Waste so that all of the Sewage is Treated and filled into the Musi River Front and All of Non Recyclable Solid Waste is Eliminated same day with harmless emissions, else the Clean Hyderabad is a Pipe Dream, Waste Water and Solid Waste lying anywhere within or outside city continue to affect the neighborhood.