Friends as lot many of us have observed this week as Anti Florosis Week
I have been thinking whats the short and long-term solution to this Chronic Problem, that is no less than a shame to the India’s Freedom and Democracy.
It puzzles me to know, Within 50 KM of Nagarjuna Sagar is where these affected areas are and no area is more than 100 KM from the Krishna River and Govt of AP has the time and kindness to take Krishna Water to more than 1000 Kilometers down south to Chennai and not give safe drinking water to its own people on the banks of Krishna river
Anyway we can not change the Past but have to shape the future faster
My very primitive information is :
- About 400,000 to 600,000 people are drinking high fluoride content water that potentially can result in fluorosis largely in Nalgonda district of Telangana
- Greater Hyderabad has Population of about 8,000,000 people
- GHMC area receives already 11 TMC Krishna River water and another 5 TMC is scheduled under Phase III
I propose that first file that Chief Minister of Government of Telangana must sign is
- Allocate 2 TMC water under Phase 3 to the fluorosis affected villages in Nalgonda
- Allocate 25 per cent from infrastructure development fee collected by the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) for taking up water and sewerage infrastructure development in Hyderabad to The Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board (HMWS&SB)
- Include identified high level of fluorosis water affected people as part of GHMC and make it as responsibility of HMWS&SB by law.
With this by end of 2014 we should Achieve the Short Term Goal of Giving Safe Drinking Water and STOP the spread of Cruel Silent disease
In all aspects Long Term Solution is Highly dependent on Completion of Alimineti Madhava Reddy Project. The Srisailam left bank canal that is shamelessly going on for over 30 years just to irrigate 300,000 acres arid land of this region
This must be completed by Next Government on Top Priority by 2019 before coming back to ask for votes again.
Lets Wow to get the Solution to Flourosis Problem of Nalgonda People in Telangana on priority